Old 04-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Daniel Mendler

Default 2008.0 profile

Hi,

I switched to the 2008.0 profile with "eselect profile set". Now every
ebuild is masked. Is the 2008.0 profile not yet usable or are some
special adjustments necessary?

Daniel Mendler

Old 04-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 01:26:31 +0200, Daniel Mendler wrote:

> I switched to the 2008.0 profile with "eselect profile set". Now every
> ebuild is masked.

Which 2008.0 profile? eselect shows four for amd64, probably the same
number for other arches, which one are you using?

--
Neil Bothwick

Why is the word abbreviation so long?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:50 PM

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 07:26:31 pm Daniel Mendler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I switched to the 2008.0 profile with "eselect profile set".
> Now every ebuild is masked. Is the 2008.0 profile not yet
> usable or are some special adjustments necessary?

Not sure in your case, although if you provide some more
information we may be able to determine if you have a problem.
For example, which arch are you running? Which profile were you
using before switching to 2008.0? When's the last time you
sync'd and updated world?

I'm running 2008.0 currently with no problems. However I did a
fresh install with the 2008.0 minimal install CD. Some relevant
output on my system:

eselect profile list|grep 9
[9] default/linux/x86/2008.0 *

emerge --info | grep ACCEPT
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"

uname -a
Linux sys-0 2.6.24-gentoo-r4 #1 SMP Sat Apr 19 13:48:42 EDT 2008
i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ AuthenticAMD
GNU/Linux

--
Ian Graeme Hilt <ian.hilt@gmail.com>

Old 04-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Daniel Mendler

Hi!

I switched to the 2008.0 profile with "eselect profile set".
Now every ebuild is masked. Is the 2008.0 profile not yet
usable or are some special adjustments necessary?

Not sure in your case, although if you provide some more
information we may be able to determine if you have a problem.
For example, which arch are you running? Which profile were you
using before switching to 2008.0? When's the last time you
sync'd and updated world?

I switched from 2007.0, it's synced and updated.

# eselect profile show
Current make.profile symlink:
/usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/amd64/2008.0/desktop

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"

But I think I found the problem. The packages are not masked in emerge,
but are shown as masked in eix. It seems to be only an eix problem
(version 0.10.5)

Daniel

Old 04-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Daniel Mendler wrote:

> But I think I found the problem. The packages are not masked in
> emerge, but are shown as masked in eix. It seems to be only an eix
> problem (version 0.10.5)
>
> Daniel

Did you run update-eix?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Daniel Mendler

Hi!

But I think I found the problem. The packages are not masked in
emerge, but are shown as masked in eix. It seems to be only an eix
problem (version 0.10.5)

Did you run update-eix?

Yes I did. It didn't help.

Daniel

Old 04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:39:33 +0200, Daniel Mendler wrote:

> But I think I found the problem. The packages are not masked in emerge,
> but are shown as masked in eix. It seems to be only an eix problem
> (version 0.10.5)

Try running a later eix, I use 0.12.4 here and the switch to 2008.0 was
painless.

--
Neil Bothwick

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Emil Beinroth

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 01:39:33PM +0200, Daniel Mendler wrote:
> Hi!
[snip]
> But I think I found the problem. The packages are not masked in emerge, but
> are shown as masked in eix. It seems to be only an eix problem (version
> 0.10.5)

eix-0.12.4 is the only version that currently works with the 2008
profile. This is because of the multiple inheritance used by those
profiles, which simply isn't supported in versions prior to eix-0.12.4.

HTH, Emil

--
Emil Beinroth
83059 Kolbermoor | Germany

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"
Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."