Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 PM
"Danis Petkakis"

Default Lilo error when booting to windows

hello there...i have a little trouble booting to
windows from lilo...windows is on sdb1 and gentoo on sdc2...when i try
to boot to windows i get an error "ntldr is missing"...my lilo.conf is
as follows

boot=/dev/sdb

prompt

timeout=50

default=Gentoo

# Gentoo-2.6.24-r4

image=/boot/kernel-2.6.24-gentoo-r4

label=Gentoo

read-only

root=/dev/sdc2

# Gentoo-2.6.23-r6

image=/boot/kernel-2.6.23-gentoo-r6

label=Gentoo2

read-only

root=/dev/sdc2

# Windows

other=/dev/sdb1

label=Windows

#table=/dev/sdb1
could anyone help me to overcome this problem?? thanks in advance...

Old 04-30-2008, 08:39 AM
"robert anstuther"

Hi, it sounds like windows may have become corrupted, you may be able to
rescue it with rconsole tools.

Boba.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:46 AM
"Danis Petkakis"

well i did boot with windows cd did a fixmbr, then reinstalled lilo in mbr and now
it seems to work...when i choose windows the entry of the ntldr shows up and then
i choose to boot to windows without any problems...could i somehow put an entry

in ntldr so that instead of booting to windows to fall back to lilo menu again so that
i don't have to reboot??

Old 05-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Mick

On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Danis Petkakis wrote:
> well i did boot with windows cd did a fixmbr, then reinstalled lilo in mbr
> and now
> it seems to work...when i choose windows the entry of the ntldr shows up
> and then
> i choose to boot to windows without any problems...could i somehow put an
> entry
> in ntldr so that instead of booting to windows to fall back to lilo menu
> again so that
> i don't have to reboot??

Google for "boot Linux with ntldr" or "chainload linux with ntldr". But it is
not maintenance free.
Mick