-   -   lyx & texlive (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/78389-lyx-texlive.html)

04-29-2008 07:43 AM

lyx & texlive

I use lyx 1.5.4 with tetex on a Gentoo computer. It works fine;
I'm thinking about switching to texlive, as tetex seems on a deadend. Has anyone
done it yet ? Got any problem ? How does LyX work with it ?
Please let me know,

~adj~

Dirk Heinrichs 04-29-2008 07:59 AM

lyx & texlive

Am Dienstag, 29. April 2008 schrieb ext alain.didierjean@free.fr:

> I use lyx 1.5.4 with tetex on a Gentoo computer. It works fine;
> I'm thinking about switching to texlive, as tetex seems on a deadend. Has
> anyone done it yet ? Got any problem ? How does LyX work with it ?

Yes. No. Yes.

HTH...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
D-40468 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733

Dirk Heinrichs 04-29-2008 08:05 AM

lyx & texlive

Am Dienstag, 29. April 2008 schrieb ext Dirk Heinrichs:
> Am Dienstag, 29. April 2008 schrieb ext alain.didierjean@free.fr:
> > I use lyx 1.5.4 with tetex on a Gentoo computer. It works fine;
> > I'm thinking about switching to texlive, as tetex seems on a deadend.
> > Has anyone done it yet ? Got any problem ? How does LyX work with it ?
>
> Yes. No. Yes.

Damn, should be: Yes. No. Fine. :-)

Bye...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
D-40468 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733
GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net

04-29-2008 01:46 PM

lyx & texlive

Selon Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext@nsn.com>:

> Am Dienstag, 29. April 2008 schrieb ext Dirk Heinrichs:
> > Am Dienstag, 29. April 2008 schrieb ext alain.didierjean@free.fr:
> > > I use lyx 1.5.4 with tetex on a Gentoo computer. It works fine;
> > > I'm thinking about switching to texlive, as tetex seems on a deadend.
> > > Has anyone done it yet ? Got any problem ? How does LyX work with it ?
> >
> > Yes. No. Yes.
>
> Damn, should be: Yes. No. Fine. :-)

Thanks Dirk, Jose, Liviu, Les...
I was fearing to be stuck out of lyx for days.
TeXLive, here I come,

--
~adj~

Willie Wong 04-29-2008 02:04 PM

lyx & texlive

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 09:43:09AM +0200, Penguin Lover alain.didierjean@free.fr squawked:

> I use lyx 1.5.4 with tetex on a Gentoo computer. It works fine;
> I'm thinking about switching to texlive, as tetex seems on a deadend. Has anyone
> done it yet ? Got any problem ? How does LyX work with it ?
> Please let me know,

1) Yes, switched to TexLive (on at least one box)
2) No, no problems that I can remember. Just need to follow the guide
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/tex/texlive-migration-guide.xml
and make sure to select the modules you need with USE flags.
3) Don't use lyx, so dunno. But all of my vim keymaps still work, and
all of my old tex files still parse, so I can't think of any reason
why lyx will be any worse for it.

HTH,
"`Er, hey Earthman...'
`Arthur,' said Arthur.
`Yeah, could you just sort of keep this robot with you and
guard this end of the passageway. OK?'
`Guard?' said Arthur. `What from? You just said there's no
one here.'
`Yeah, well, just for safety, OK?' said Zaphod.
`Whose? Yours or mine?'"

- Arthur drawing the short straw on Magrathea.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 508 days, 12:34

Joseph 04-29-2008 03:39 PM

lyx & texlive