Old 04-27-2008, 03:16 PM
"Mark Knecht"

Default Batch audio converter?

Hi,
I've got about 200GB of OGG and FLAC files on my local machine. My
son bought an iPod and wants me to do a batch conversion to mp3. Can
anyone recommend something in portage that can do this in more or less
a single step? Directory hierarchy is basically
band/album/audio_files.

Extra points I suppose if it can write the output to a different
machine across the network - Windows XP or Gentoo - so that I don't
have to deal with storage issues in this end.

Thanks,
Mark