-   -   adding python module (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/76353-adding-python-module.html)

Nick Stinemates 04-26-2008 12:04 AM

adding python module

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:50:08AM +0000, Gavin Seddon wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone tell me how to add a python module to python, or give me a
> url telling me how?
> THANKS
> GAVIN

Not really a gentoo question, but, you have 2 options.

Add your modules directory to the $PYTHONPATH.
To see what that is:

nick@lusT ~ $ echo $PYTHONPATH
/usr/lib/portage/pym

Next option is to put it in /usr/lib/python2.4(or 2.5)/site-packages

Last, but certainly not least, put the python module in your python
projects root directory

--
Nick Stinemates (nick@stinemates.org)
http://nick.stinemates.org