Old 04-24-2008, 04:01 AM
"Mike Mazur"

Default Help with mounting an ISO file as non-root

Hi Norberto,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Norberto Bensa <nbensa@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What can I do to be able to mount an arbitrary ISO image to an
> > arbitrary mount point from the command line as non-root user?
>
> fuse-iso ?

While fuse-iso would certainly do this for me, I was hoping it's
possible with the mount command directly.

The reason for this is that this mounting/unmounting is also in some
automated tests which will find their way onto machines of others who
may not have fuse-iso configured. Currently we simply require the
tests to be run as root. I won't be adding another dependency just to
get around this.

Thanks though,
Mike

Old 04-24-2008, 04:21 AM
Roy Wright

Take a look at:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Mounting_Iso_Files

HTH,
Roy

Old 04-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Dirk Heinrichs

ext Mike Mazur schrieb:

While fuse-iso would certainly do this for me, I was hoping it's
possible with the mount command directly.

sudo mount ...

HTH...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
D-40468 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733