Old 04-23-2008, 08:20 PM
"Net Warrior"

Default Error while compiling python

Hi guys, does anywone know what could this be?
I'm intalling xfce4 port

cc1: out of memory allocating 4194304 bytes after a total of 3883008 bytes
make[2]: *** [_gtk_la-gtk.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pygtk-2.12.0/work/pygtk-2.12.0/gtk'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pygtk-2.12.0/work/pygtk-2.12.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2
**
** ERROR: dev-python/pygtk-2.12.0 failed.
** Call stack:

**************** ebuild.sh, line** 49:* Called src_compile
************** environment, line 2509:* Called die
** The specific snippet of code:
******** emake -j1 || die
*** The die message:
**** (no error message)

**
** If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

Thanks for your time..

Old 04-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Wednesday 23 April 2008, Net Warrior wrote:
> Hi guys, does anywone know what could this be?
> I'm intalling xfce4 port

You cut off the useful stuff just before the error message - like what
was being compiled at the time.

Could you report with at least 20 lines prior to this?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 04-23-2008, 08:41 PM
"Dirk Heinrichs"

Am Mittwoch, 23. April 2008 schrieb Net Warrior:
> Hi guys, does anywone know what could this be?
> I'm intalling xfce4 port
>
> cc1: out of memory allocating 4194304 bytes after a total of 3883008 bytes

Doesn't this tell it all?

Bye...

Dirk

Old 04-23-2008, 08:44 PM
"Net Warrior"

I think I found the problem, let me check it out first.. sorry for the noise.
Tell you latter if I could solve it..

Thanks you very much..

Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
"Net Warrior"

Hi.

My laptop has not too much memory,* but wat it worst I did not realize that swap was not activated ?.
Well, the problem seems to be resolved after activating swap.

Thanks, sorry for the noise, my appologies..

Old 04-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Wednesday 23 April 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 23. April 2008 schrieb Net Warrior:
> > Hi guys, does anywone know what could this be?
> > I'm intalling xfce4 port
> >
> > cc1: out of memory allocating 4194304 bytes after a total of
> > 3883008 bytes
>
> Doesn't this tell it all?

Silly me, I read the OP's post wrong. "out of" somehow got parsed
as "error" in my head

Net Warrior, you can ignore my other request for more info. Seems like
you need more memory or to free some used memory up