-   -   Openoffice 2.3.0 compile error - Firefox (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/7411-openoffice-2-3-0-compile-error-firefox.html)

Pongracz Istvan 11-28-2007 03:56 PM

Openoffice 2.3.0 compile error - Firefox

Hi,

I decided to compile openoffice 2.3.0 but I run into an error.

The compilation error is this:

checking whether to enable build of Mozilla/Mozilla NSS-using
components... yes
checking whether to build Mozilla addressbook connectivity... no, not
possible with system-mozilla
checking whether to build XML Security support... yes
checking whether to build LDAP configuration backend... no
checking which mozilla to use... external
checking which Mozilla flavour to use... Firefox
checking for firefox-xpcom ... Package firefox-firefox-nspr was not
found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the
directory containing `firefox-firefox-nspr.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable Package 'firefox-firefox-nspr', required by
'XPCOM', not found
configure: error: Library requirements (firefox-xpcom ) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1

The compilation parameters are:
[ebuild N ] app-office/openoffice-2.3.0 USE="cairo cups dbus eds
firefox gnome gstreamer gtk java mono pam sound webdav -binfilter -debug
-kde -ldap -odk -seamonkey -xulrunner" LINGUAS="en hu -af -ar -as_IN
-be_BY -bg -bn -br -bs -ca -cs -cy -da -de -dz -el -en_GB -en_US -en_ZA
-eo -es -et -fa -fi -fr -ga -gl -gu_IN -he -hi_IN -hr -it -ja -km -ko
-ku -lt -lv -mk -ml_IN -mr_IN -nb -ne -nl -nn -nr -ns -or_IN -pa_IN -pl
-pt -pt_BR -ru -rw -sh_YU -sk -sl -sr_CS -ss -st -sv -sw_TZ -ta_IN
-te_IN -tg -th -ti_ER -tn -tr -ts -uk -ur_IN -ve -vi -xh -zh_CN -zh_TW
-zu" 0 kB

My firefox has the following USE flags:
gnome ipv6 java linguas_hu

I would like to ask a hint, how to solve this strange error?
I did not find any useful on the internet. Yet.

Thank you,
István

--
eGroupWare, gLiveCD, gentoo és barátai
http://www.osbusiness.hu

"Julian Simioni" 12-06-2007 04:02 AM

[...]

Are you by chance using Firefox beta 3?

Pongracz Istvan 12-06-2007 06:45 AM

Openoffice 2.3.0 compile error - Firefox

2007. 12. 6, csütörtök keltezéssel 00.02-kor Julian Simioni ezt *rta:

> Are you by chance using Firefox beta 3?

Hi,

Thank you for your interesting!

No, I use normal firefox, at this moment the version is 2.0.0.11.

+ My openoffice cannot detect any java environment.
Yesterday I spent several hours to solve this java issue, no result.
Thanks,
István