Old 04-21-2008, 10:25 PM

Default Why does emerge ignore APACHE2_MPMS?

My make.conf has this line:

APACHE2_MPMS="mpm-prefork mpm-worker"

which used to be good enough, but now emerge ignores it:

emerge -ptuvDN world | grep apache
[ebuild R ] www-servers/apache-2.2.8-r2 USE="doc ssl suexec threads -debug -ldap (-selinux) -sni -static" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias asis auth_basic auth_digest authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbd authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd deflate dir disk_cache dumpio env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers ident imagemap include info log_config log_forensic logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation proxy proxy_ajp proxy_balancer proxy_connect proxy_ftp proxy_http rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack version vhost_alias -cern_meta -charset_lite -substitute%" APACHE2_MPMS="-event -itk -peruser -prefork -worker" 0 kB

This worked fine for the previous build, which apparently was the same
version. I thought -v was supposed to flag the reasons for the
rebuild with '*' but don't see one.

What is really annoying is that if this is done from an xterm with
DISPLAY set, it pops up a series of GUI windows prompting for MPM
config details. It seems rather out of place for a supposedly
automated build system, and it is also a bit puzzling why it is
important enough to interrupt a build under X but not without X. Here
is that part of the log:

checking for sys/times.h... (cached) yes
checking for times... (cached) yes
checking which MPM to use... worker
Worker: Can't connect to X!

Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@crowfix.com
GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E 6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933