Old 11-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Thufir

Default ebuild for a rails application

I'm working on a rails application and am considering the install process
for the rails application itself. I don't mean installing rails nor the
database, but the rails application.

Would an ebuild be able to install/uninstall the rails application itself?

thanks,

Thufir

Old 11-30-2007, 02:06 AM
darren kirby

quoth the Thufir:
> I'm working on a rails application and am considering the install process
> for the rails application itself. I don't mean installing rails nor the
> database, but the rails application.
>
> Would an ebuild be able to install/uninstall the rails application itself?

An ebuild is little more than a shell script with some helper/hook functions
built in. So: if the install of your rails app is scriptable, then yes, you
should be able to write an ebuild for it.

As for whether there is an eclass or whatever for rails apps, I don't know...

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

-d

Old 12-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Thufir

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:06:12 -0700, darren kirby wrote:

> An ebuild is little more than a shell script with some helper/hook
> functions built in. So: if the install of your rails app is scriptable,
> then yes, you should be able to write an ebuild for it.
>
> As for whether there is an eclass or whatever for rails apps, I don't
> know...

Capistrano, <http://www.capify.org/>, looks like the tool for deploying
rails apps? I was thinking of almost a desktop app once I get it
workable.

-Thufir