Old 04-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Graham Murray

Default FEATURES=buildsyspkg

What is the intended logic of buildsyspkg? I assumed that it would build
binary packages for all 'system' packages, ie those which would be in a
'stage-2' tarball, but it seems a little arbitrary. For example, it
builds binary packages for portage but not for python, for baselayout
but not openrc, etc.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Sunday 20 April 2008, Graham Murray wrote:
> What is the intended logic of buildsyspkg? I assumed that it would
> build binary packages for all 'system' packages, ie those which would
> be in a 'stage-2' tarball, but it seems a little arbitrary. For
> example, it builds binary packages for portage but not for python,
> for baselayout but not openrc, etc.

I looked around very quickly in $PORTDIR profiles and it seems to be
that buildsyspkg uses packages *explicitly* in system - it.e. those
listed in the profile/packages files. Python and openrc are not in
those files as they depend on other stuff that is. So they are in
system, just not in the packages files.

We'd have to look into the code to verify if this is the case

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com