Old 04-19-2008, 05:38 PM
forgottenwizard

Default Messed up - how do I emerge coreutils once coreutils is gone?

On 11:27 Sat 19 Apr , Mark Knecht wrote:
> Question: Is there a way to recover from this?

Try going into a LiveCD and either copy the coreutils from a stage, or
try re-emerging it there.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:48 AM
"Walter Dnes"

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 09:07:17PM +0200, Justin wrote
> Why are you doing things without knowing about the consequences?
> Always ask before you are doing things which could be stupid!!!

In my case, this was the umpteenth time I encountered circular blocks.
After asking the first couple of times, I settled down to a pattern of
unmerging both halves of the problem and restarting the emerge. This
has worked fine until now. And yes, I've seen the warning about "may
harm your system" a lot of times. If it didn't come up as often as
Vista's UAC warning, when manually unmerging stuff, I probably would've
asked first.

To quote The Firesign Theatre... "Everything you know is wrong".
Procedures that worked OK so far blew up this time. All I can say is
not to be annoyed in the next little while when people start asking
about how to handle each and every circular block they run into.
"Once burned... twice shy".

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>
Stop the Squeegee Kids in Pinstripe Suits