-   -   Java problem (with pylucene) (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/7219-java-problem-pylucene.html)

ezotrank 11-28-2007 11:58 AM

Java problem (with pylucene)

On 12:03 Wed 28 Nov , Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hopefully someone can help with that (for me) obscure error message.
>
> I'm trying to install pylucene (with JCC) see
> http://pylucene.osafoundation.org/
>
> (Unfortunately, pylucene is not part of the GenToo
> repository)
>
> I have configured JCC (part of pylucene) to
> use the sun-jdk-1.6
>
> During build I get the error message
>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/jcc/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
> from _jcc import initVM
> ImportError: /usr/lib/jvm/sun-jdk-1.6/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol JVM_GetClassSignature,
> version SUNWprivate_1.1 not defined in file libjvm.so with link time reference
>
> Would anybody please so nice to explain (the reason for) this error
> message?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Helmut Jarausch
>
> Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
> RWTH - Aachen University
> D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Maybe help edit CFLAGS and add -DNDEBUG
With best regards, ezotrank
kernel 2.6.23-gentoo-r2, system uptime: 14:56:37 up 1 day, 15:49, 6 users, load average: 0.04, 0.07, 0.08

Helmut Jarausch 11-28-2007 03:22 PM

Java problem (with pylucene)

On 28 Nov, ezotrank wrote:
> On 12:03 Wed 28 Nov , Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> hopefully someone can help with that (for me) obscure error message.
>>
>> I'm trying to install pylucene (with JCC) see
>> http://pylucene.osafoundation.org/
>>
>> (Unfortunately, pylucene is not part of the GenToo
>> repository)
>>
>> I have configured JCC (part of pylucene) to
>> use the sun-jdk-1.6
>>
>> During build I get the error message
>>
>> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/jcc/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
>> from _jcc import initVM
>> ImportError: /usr/lib/jvm/sun-jdk-1.6/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol JVM_GetClassSignature,
>> version SUNWprivate_1.1 not defined in file libjvm.so with link time reference
>>
>> Would anybody please so nice to explain (the reason for) this error
>> message?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Helmut Jarausch
>>
>> Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
>> RWTH - Aachen University
>> D 52056 Aachen, Germany
>> --
>
> Maybe help edit CFLAGS and add -DNDEBUG

Thanks, but unfortunately that doesn't help either,
Helmut.

Billy Holmes 11-29-2007 03:49 AM

Java problem (with pylucene)

Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> ImportError: /usr/lib/jvm/sun-jdk-1.6/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol JVM_GetClassSignature,
> version SUNWprivate_1.1 not defined in file libjvm.so with link time reference

does it really need 1.6? 1.5 and 1.6 aren't always compatible, but from
the sound of it, jcc is doing some kind of python/java hybrid?

You could always do a strace on it, and see what's loading libjava, and
see if it's trying to dlsym on sunwprivate after it loads libjvm.. but
you need to figure out WHICH libjvm it's actually loading.

Helmut Jarausch 11-29-2007 10:29 AM

Java problem (with pylucene)

On 28 Nov, Billy Holmes wrote:
> Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>> ImportError: /usr/lib/jvm/sun-jdk-1.6/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol JVM_GetClassSignature,
>> version SUNWprivate_1.1 not defined in file libjvm.so with link time reference
>>

> does it really need 1.6? 1.5 and 1.6 aren't always compatible, but from
> the sound of it, jcc is doing some kind of python/java hybrid?
>
> You could always do a strace on it, and see what's loading libjava, and
> see if it's trying to dlsym on sunwprivate after it loads libjvm.. but
> you need to figure out WHICH libjvm it's actually loading.

Thanks, the sledge hammer 'strace' did help indeed.

It turned out, that pylucene needs an additional library
/usr/lib/jvm/sun-jdk-1.6/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so

Thanks,
Helmut.