Old 04-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Steve

Default Slightly off-topic... "is there a web app in portage for...."

I want to be able to manage a sizeable number of reference manuals I
have in various ebook formats - CHM; PDF etc. scattered around various
PCs; on CDs etc. - and I'm looking for a web-app to help me organise
them as a virtual reference library.

I want to be able to tag the files by 'subject area' - since most span
more than one... and almost however they are arranged hierarchically -
the most unfortunate categorisation seems to have been previously chosen
as as the file-system location. By tagging every file with all its
relevant subjects, I should be better able to browse for my reference
work of interest. I would also love to be able to index the text in my
various ebooks - and then search my reference library by keyword... then
filter by classification.

It seems unlikely that I'm the first person to want this kind of
facility... can anyone recommend something which either implements this
solution - or could be modified so to do?