Old 11-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default Java problem (with pylucene)

Hi,

hopefully someone can help with that (for me) obscure error message.

I'm trying to install pylucene (with JCC) see
http://pylucene.osafoundation.org/

(Unfortunately, pylucene is not part of the GenToo
repository)

I have configured JCC (part of pylucene) to
use the sun-jdk-1.6

During build I get the error message

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/jcc/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
from _jcc import initVM
ImportError: /usr/lib/jvm/sun-jdk-1.6/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol JVM_GetClassSignature,
version SUNWprivate_1.1 not defined in file libjvm.so with link time reference

Would anybody please so nice to explain (the reason for) this error
message?

Many thanks,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik