Old 04-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Michael Schmarck

Default baselayout-2.0.0 surprises

Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk>:

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:23:18 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
>
>> > Because you didn't read the elog messages.
>>
>> it is still not ok to remove /etc/conf.d/net. That is extremly stupid.
>
> It would be, but it wasn't removed on any of the three machines I
> upgraded.

Armin has at least one machine and I've got 2 were this happened and
there are reports in the forum discussion thread reg. disappearance
of /etc/conf.d/net (or rather, that it was replaced with a
basically blank default file).

So, I think, that your system is a bit odd.

Michael Schmarck
--
"Turn on, tune up, rock out."
-- Billy Gibbons

Old 04-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Daniel Pielmeier

http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/sys-apps/baselayout/baselayout-2.0.0.ebuild?r1=1.2&r2=1.3

Old 04-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:45:53 +0200, Michael Schmarck wrote:

> > It would be, but it wasn't removed on any of the three machines I
> > upgraded.
>
> Armin has at least one machine and I've got 2 were this happened and
> there are reports in the forum discussion thread reg. disappearance
> of /etc/conf.d/net (or rather, that it was replaced with a
> basically blank default file).
>
> So, I think, that your system is a bit odd.

Maybe I should have specified that the three machines all have very
different setups.

--
Neil Bothwick

It's not a bug, it's tradition!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:

> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/sys-apps/baselayout/baselay
>out-2.0.0.ebuild?r1=1.2&r2=1.3

oh great, changes without a rX bump. I hate that.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Donnerstag, 17. April 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 17.04.2008, 20:36 +0200 schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
> > >
> > > Just set fsck to 0 in fstab for xfs volumes.
> >
> > no, the thing is, -p for 'automatic check&repair' is just wrong. -a would
> > be better. Because -a is understood by a lot more fscks.
> >
> > -p as prune/automatic repair is only understood by ext2/3 and reiserfsck.
> > -a is there for a reason. A good one.
>
> Both of them have no effect on fsck.xfs, because no matter what options
> you give to a dummy, it will stay a dummy.
>
> Bye...
>
> Dirk

yeah, xfs is double fucked

but there are more fs than xfs, reiser(fs/4) and ext2/3.

If you look into man fsck you find -a but not -p.

So no matter what, -a is wrong and patching the tools instead of just
replacing a letter is IMHO stupid&dangerous.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Daniel Pielmeier