Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 PM
"Walter Dnes"

Default Linus breaks nvidia-drivers again

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 08:19:51PM +0200, pk wrote

> Stupid question perhaps but...
> ...have you tried http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Nouveau ?
>
> There's also a link to a nvidia-to-noveau at the bottom of this link...

Thanks. I'll try the nvidia-to-noveau migration as shown in the
bottom link.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>

Old 10-15-2012, 11:21 PM
walt

On 10/15/2012 11:10 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 09:05:27AM -0700, walt wrote

>Well, this is really a temporary workaround for people who like to
>run the latest git kernel from Linus, and it's only tested for
>nvidia-drivers-302.17-r1, and only on ~amd_64.

Which kernel version does the breakage start at, so I know not to rush
into it when it goes mainstream?

Linus committed the breakage to his git repository just last week, so the
nvidia people should have it fixed for 3.7. Same goes for virtualbox and
ati-drivers, I hope.

But to answer your question, the breakage starts with linux-3.7.0-rc1.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 AM
microcai

change VM_RESERVERD to VM_DONTDUMP|VM_IO