Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 PM
mindrunner

Default Gnome3 haters: you should try the new cinnamon-1.6.1

you should try terminator, or guake if you want an "alternate" terminal.
i am using both in combination (guake in luman-overlay, has applied some
additional patches)

lxde/openbox is very nice. slim and slimlock are working fine in
combination with it. so there is no need for heavy gnome/kde desktops.

if you want your old gnome 2.x dektop back, you should try mate, which
is a fork of the last gnome 2.x stable branch. (there is mate-overlay)

(happy to see some other german gentoo users! ))

Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 PM
walt