-   -   distcc problems: Ok from commandline, but emerge ignores it... (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/712257-distcc-problems-ok-commandline-but-emerge-ignores.html)

10-14-2012 01:47 PM

distcc problems: Ok from commandline, but emerge ignores it...

Hi,

since my PC /and/ my embedded singlecomputer are involved,
I dont know whether this is a "normal GENTOO" subject or a
"embedded GENTOO" one...

What I want:
From my embedded system (Beaglebone) I want to sent compilation
jobs to my PC.

I set up cross-compiler on my PC, configured distcc and added
some softlinks, since the relevant compiler is called
armv7a-softfp-linux-gnueabi-* on my beaglebone and
armv7a-unknown-linux-gnueabi-* on my PC.

The compilation of a short C-program from the commandline
works...the job can be seen in the distcc log on the beaglebone.

But emergeing (in this case "emerge cmus") completly ignores
distcc....

How can I fix it?

Best regards,
mcc

Hinnerk van Bruinehsen 10-15-2012 11:03 AM

distcc problems: Ok from commandline, but emerge ignores it...

Yohan Pereira 10-15-2012 11:08 AM

On Sunday 14 Oct 2012 15:47:31 meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> The compilation of a short C-program from the commandline
> works...the job can be seen in the distcc log on the beaglebone.
>
> But emergeing (in this case "emerge cmus") completly ignores
> distcc....
>
> How can I fix it?

Hi,
I've dabbled with distcc in the past and I remember having to add distcc to
FEATURES in make.conf, Have you tried that ?

check this out
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/distcc.xml

--

- Yohan Pereira

The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
between a mermaid and a seal.
-- Mark Twain