Old 10-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Philip Webb

Default new machine : start-up time

Regulars will remember the threads re the machine I built recently.
I thought they mb interested in the start-up time now all is working :
Gigabyte BIOS 10 s , Linux Lilo prompt - login prompt 8 s ,
'startx' - GUI ready 4 s : total 22 s + entering userid+password ;
I start the I/net connection (Dhcpcd) manually from the GUI ( 15 s ).
I assume most of the speed is attributable to the SSD,
perhaps a bit to the 1600 MHz memory; of course, Gentoo shares the honors;
my desktop manager is Fluxbox & I start apps on desktops manually.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb