Old 10-09-2012, 06:37 PM
mindrunner

Default Nightshade compiling failed

Hi,
I always prefer to NOT install software this way into my gentoo. Instead
of this I first check http://gpo.zugaina.org/ if there is already an
ebuild or outdated ebuild for this piece of software. If not I begin to
develop my own ebuild.

In this case there is already one (sabayon-overlay). However, you should
NOT add sabayon overlay into your gentoo box. I got some weird problems
doing this some time ago. I think this shoul only be used in sabayon
distro, but I dont know exactly.

If you want to, I could copy it into my overlay (luman), which should be
more safe not bricking your whole gentoo box.

Yeah, I know... you asked sth. completely different, but in my opinion,
you should better do this way...

KLooking at you Problem tells me that you got a boost problem. Maybe
wrong version you compile against?

Since I am writing my bachelor thesis right now, I have only little
spartetime, but if you want to we could try to make a working ebuild on
base of the sabayon one.

regards
Lukas

Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
mindrunner

The Link you postet is outdated. I copied the ebuild to my overlay and
will try with the most recent version.
Lets see if the Problem persists....

Old 10-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Jacques Montier

Hi ,
Thank you Lukas for your post.The Nighshade soft i use is a LSS version compiled for small planetariums by Yves Lhoumeau and Lionel Ruiz.I can only get the sources here :
http://www.lss-planetariums.info/index.php?lang=en&menu=nightshade&page=nightshadeT he sabayon Nightshade ebuild is different .
I agree with you, i very much prefer to install packages using ebuilds, but i am afraid*i am not able to develop any ebuild...Sorry... :-(Some months ago i successfully compiled Nightshade with boost-1.46.1-r1 ; but unfortunately it does not anymore compile even with the same boost version...

Thank you again,
Cheers,
--Jacques

Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 PM
mindrunner

Hi,
i stepped little further in the last hours. I copied the ebuild to my
layman overlay (luman) and tried to emerge. I got the same error you got
compiling your special version!
At the moment I am cloning the official bzr repository (>1GB) which
means waiting a long time at 1mbit DSL
When cloned, I will dig some more into the sources.

the error we get here points to some wrong usage of the boost container,
but i cannot tell any more right now.

what exactly is the difference to your ns-version compared to vanilla one?

I think just replacing version number and url should provide you a
working ebuild.
we can try this after compiling vanilla sucesfull.

lukas

Old 10-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Jacques Montier

Hi,
Thank you Lukas for looking at my problem.The LSS-version of Nightshade is a clone of the official Nightsade version + keyboard shortcuts which can launch scripts, videos and music.
Each key of the 105 keys has a special function and it is specially designed for a planetarium public show.With bluetooth modules, we can drive the show with a Nintendo Wii remote ; very useful.http://www.lss-planetariums.info/index.php?lang=en&menu=hardware&page=keyboard

I tried to compile Nightshade-LSS on Ubuntu-12, Linux Mint and Mageia2 via VirtualBox and i get exactly the same errors.So, i think it is not a Gentoo problem...but nevertheless very annoying :-(

I looked at the Nightshade-LSS sources and it seems that the error occurs with the*nshade_shared_memory.h and*nshade_shared_memory.cpp in**~/nightshade-11.7.1/nscontrol/src
I join the two files ; may be these files would help us.

Thank you very much,
--Jacques

Old 10-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Jacques Montier

Hi,
I tried different versions of gcc and boost.gcc-4.5.4 and boost-1.49.0-r1 : failedgcc-4.5.4 and boost-1.46.1-r1 : failedgcc-4.4.7 in a new slot and boost-1.49.0-r1 : failed.

gcc-4.4.7 in a new slot and boost-1.46.1-r1 : success !
So compiling Nightshade needs gcc-4.4.7 AND boost-1.46.1-r1.Why the new versions don't work ? I really don't know.

Cheers,
--Jacques

Old 10-11-2012, 11:38 AM
mindrunner

well, thats annoying.

i war digging deeper for the last hours, but i cannot solve it for now.

you should write a bug report here:

http://www.nightshadesoftware.org/

i will try again tomorrow. but now ---> bachelor thesis

Old 10-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Jacques Montier

Thanks Lukas,
Have a good work ! -
Cheers,
--Jacques

> [...]

>>> bool is_iterator =

> false, P0 =

>>> std::less<boost::uuids::uuid>, P1 =

> boost::interprocess::allocator<boost::container::c ontainer_detail:air<boost::uuids::uuid,

> boost::interprocess:ffset_ptr<NshadeSharedMemory Connection> >,

>>> boost::interprocess::segment_manager<char,

> boost::interprocess::rbtree_best_fit<boost::interp rocess::mutex_family>,

>> boost::interprocess::iset_index> >, size_t = long

> unsigned int]’

>>> nshade_shared_memory.cpp:251:1: * instantiated from here

>>> /usr/include/boost/container/map.hpp:147:1: erreur: invalid

>> application

>>> of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type

>> ‘boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>’

>>> make[4]: *** [nshade_shared_memory.lo] Erreur 1

>>> I don't know how to solve that problem. Have you any idea about

>>> Cheers,