-   -   Heads Up - mesa-9.0 needs media-libs/glu in addition (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/710861-heads-up-mesa-9-0-needs-media-libs-glu-addition.html)

Helmut Jarausch 10-09-2012 02:06 PM

Heads Up - mesa-9.0 needs media-libs/glu in addition

Hi,

upgrading from mesa-9.0_pre20120918 to mesa-9.0 broke some package,
among them ati-drivers.
They have remove glu. Installing media-libs/glu in addition now (never
needed it before) restores the essential

/usr/include/GL/glu.h file.

Helmut.

Robin Atwood 10-10-2012 04:09 PM

On Tuesday 09 October 2012, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> upgrading from mesa-9.0_pre20120918 to mesa-9.0 broke some package,
> among them ati-drivers.
> They have remove glu. Installing media-libs/glu in addition now (never
> needed it before) restores the essential
> /usr/include/GL/glu.h file.

I found the same problem with KDE. media-libs/glu should become a dependency!

-Robin
Robin Atwood.

from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling

Markos Chandras 10-16-2012 10:06 AM

Heads Up - mesa-9.0 needs media-libs/glu in addition

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Robin Atwood
<robin.atwood@attglobal.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 October 2012, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>
>> upgrading from mesa-9.0_pre20120918 to mesa-9.0 broke some package,
>> among them ati-drivers.
>> They have remove glu. Installing media-libs/glu in addition now (never
>> needed it before) restores the essential
>> /usr/include/GL/glu.h file.
>

> I found the same problem with KDE. media-libs/glu should become a dependency!
>
> -Robin

If you don't file a bug it will never be ;)