Old 10-08-2012, 07:43 PM
James

Default AMD 'Vishera' FX-Series CPU

Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> [...]

So, I agree on the Gigabyte mobo. However, googling
shows me some concern about using the existing AM3+
mobo's with the FX-8350 (4gHz) this board looks up
to the task; GA-990FXA-UD3.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Dale

James wrote:

> So, I agree on the Gigabyte mobo. However, googling
> shows me some concern about using the existing AM3+
> mobo's with the FX-8350 (4gHz) this board looks up
> to the task; GA-990FXA-UD3.

If you go to the Gigabyte website, it will show what CPUs are supported
and what versions of BIOS you need for it to work. It's hard to say
what would be in the box tho. If the company you buy from has some old
stock, you may get a old version BIOS. I'm not sure how that would work
or if you could even get the mobo to work long enough to update the
BIOS. Maybe someone else has ran into that tho.

I'm planning to upgrade when I can. New CPU, new mobo and maybe new
ram. I got to get a few other things done first tho. I do plan to buy
Gigabyte tho.

Dale

:-) :-)