Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default new machine: incremental back-ups

On 10/06/2012 02:49:08 AM, Philip Webb wrote:

The machine is running c 16 hr/day , so I have to ensure
that cron jobs wb run at times when it's awake,
which is not predictable on any given day.

Have a look at fcron. You can specify an hour *after startup* of the
machine.

Helmut.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Stefan Schmiedl

Philip Webb (05.10. 20:49):

> The machine is running c 16 hr/day , so I have to ensure
> that cron jobs wb run at times when it's awake,
> which is not predictable on any given day.

Or, if you don't especially care when the box actually shuts down,
you could put something nifty into /etc/local.d/backup.stop.

s.