Old 10-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Kraus Philipp

Default change python version for special program

Hello,

I have installed Python 2.7 & 3.2.2 on my Gentoo box, but I would like to use Scons, which runs at the moment under Python < 3.
I have installed Scons with "python2.7 setup.py", but if I run "scons" on command line, it creates the message, that it runs not on Python 3,
so can I setup manually that scons should use the Python 2.7 interpreter?

Thanks

Phil

Old 10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Michael Mol

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Kraus Philipp
<philipp.kraus@flashpixx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Python 2.7 & 3.2.2 on my Gentoo box, but I would like to use Scons, which runs at the moment under Python < 3.
> I have installed Scons with "python2.7 setup.py", but if I run "scons" on command line, it creates the message, that it runs not on Python 3,
> so can I setup manually that scons should use the Python 2.7 interpreter?

As root:

eselect python list

I'm surprised you had to take the setup.py install route. Is scons not
available in someone's overlay?

--
:wq

Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Remy Blank

Michael Mol wrote:
> I'm surprised you had to take the setup.py install route. Is scons not
> available in someone's overlay?

It's in portage:

$ equery list -p -o scons
* Searching for scons ...
[-P-] [ ] dev-util/scons-2.0.1:0
[-P-] [ ~] dev-util/scons-2.0.1-r1:0
[-P-] [ ] dev-util/scons-2.1.0:0
[-P-] [ ] dev-util/scons-2.2.0:0

Latest version, stable even.

-- Remy

Old 10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Kraus Philipp

Am 02.10.2012 um 19:52 schrieb Michael Mol:

> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Kraus Philipp
> <philipp.kraus@flashpixx.de> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have installed Python 2.7 & 3.2.2 on my Gentoo box, but I would like to use Scons, which runs at the moment under Python < 3.
>> I have installed Scons with "python2.7 setup.py", but if I run "scons" on command line, it creates the message, that it runs not on Python 3,
>> so can I setup manually that scons should use the Python 2.7 interpreter?
>
> As root:
>
> eselect python list

With this option I can setup the global Python version. Can I change only for one program ?

> I'm surprised you had to take the setup.py install route. Is scons not
> available in someone's overlay?

I'm testing different versions, because I would like to debug a scons toolkit.
So I haven't installed the portage Scons version, I have downloaded the tarball
and installed them within my home

Phil

Old 10-02-2012, 07:01 PM
yegle

Create a virtualenv would be a better solution.

Google virtualenv

--
http://about.me/yegle

Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Michael Mol

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Remy Blank <remy.blank@pobox.com> wrote:
> Michael Mol wrote:
>> I'm surprised you had to take the setup.py install route. Is scons not
>> available in someone's overlay?
>
> It's in portage:
>
> $ equery list -p -o scons
> * Searching for scons ...
> [-P-] [ ] dev-util/scons-2.0.1:0
> [-P-] [ ~] dev-util/scons-2.0.1-r1:0
> [-P-] [ ] dev-util/scons-2.1.0:0
> [-P-] [ ] dev-util/scons-2.2.0:0
>
> Latest version, stable even.

That's what I get for assuming. Power's out at home, so I couldn't
even run a quick 'eix'...

--
:wq

Old 10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Paul Ezvan

Le mardi 02 octobre 2012 à 21:22 +0200, Kraus Philipp a écrit :

> Am 02.10.2012 um 21:01 schrieb yegle:
>
> > Create a virtualenv would be a better solution.
> >

> > Google virtualenv
> >

> > --
> > http://about.me/yegle
>
> Thanks, I don't have read anything about it, it is my first time, but
I think it is the best solution for my problem

Hi,

just editing the shebang to point to python 2.7 wouldn't solve your
problem ?

Cheers,

Paul