Old 10-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Peter Humphrey

Default Brother MFC 7320

On Thursday 04 October 2012 13:53:19 Mick wrote:

> Last time I printed on a Brother printer (can't recall model) I had
> CONFIG_USB_PRINTER disabled and cups compiled with the USB flag
> enabled.

I've had to do that in recent kernel versions with my Kyocera laser too.
This is an amd64 box, so that means kernel 3.4.9.

--
Rgds
Peter

Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Silvio Siefke

Hello,

i have found what is the mistake, and it's so easy.

When in kernel usb printer compiled in, then must compile cups without
usb. Now all run. Well done. Thanks for support.

Nice evening or day where ever are.

Silvio

Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Dale

Silvio Siefke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have found what is the mistake, and it's so easy.
>
> When in kernel usb printer compiled in, then must compile cups without
> usb. Now all run. Well done. Thanks for support.
>

> Nice evening or day where ever are.
>
> Silvio

Now I wish I had posted what I was thinking. I was thinking I had to do
that a few months ago with my HP. I couldn't recall which one was
enable and which was disable. You may find it in the message after cups
installs too, those einfo things. I had cleared mine a week or so back
so mine was gone.

Glad you got it going tho.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 10-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Chris Stankevitz

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@web.de> wrote:
> When in kernel usb printer compiled in, then must compile cups without
> usb. Now all run. Well done. Thanks for support.

Silvio,

Thank you for sharing. How did you figure out what the solution was?

Chris

Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Silvio Siefke

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 18:15:52 -0700
Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for sharing. How did you figure out what the solution was?

Cups give at end the msg after compile.

Regards
Silio