-   -   USB automount (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/707279-usb-automount.html)

Canek Peláez Valdés 09-25-2012 04:49 PM

USB automount

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 25.09.2012 10:09, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>> So if I don't use systemd right now, it would be better to keep
>> consolekit? I give it a try now ... compiling stuff without that flag
>> for a test.
>
> Did not work. Rather easy to understand, if neither systemd or
> consolekit is there, how should things work ...
>
> Re-enabled USE-flag "consolekit" for now, re-emerged 4 pkgs, ok now.
>
> Maybe I will try systemd again soon ...

It's not only the use flag; if you set USE=systemd, you need to boot
with systemd. Otherwise, set USE="consolekit -systemd".

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

"Stefan G. Weichinger" 09-26-2012 07:46 AM

USB automount

Am 25.09.2012 18:49, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@xunil.at> wrote:
>> Am 25.09.2012 10:09, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>>
>>> So if I don't use systemd right now, it would be better to keep
>>> consolekit? I give it a try now ... compiling stuff without that flag
>>> for a test.
>>
>> Did not work. Rather easy to understand, if neither systemd or
>> consolekit is there, how should things work ...
>>
>> Re-enabled USE-flag "consolekit" for now, re-emerged 4 pkgs, ok now.
>>
>> Maybe I will try systemd again soon ...
>
> It's not only the use flag; if you set USE=systemd, you need to boot
> with systemd. Otherwise, set USE="consolekit -systemd".

I think this should go into the wiki or so.

I always assumed that adding the flag "systemd" just somehow enhanced my
packages with systemd-compatibility and I could then simply switch
between init-systems as I like. It wasn't clear to me that it somehow
disabled stuff or made my binaries incompatible with eg. consolekit.

For now I stay with my working openrc-based setup, I have other things
to test and will only re-compile stuff for systemd when I find more time
again.

Thanks so far for your investigation on this bug, Stefan