Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 AM
Valmor de Almeida

Default libreoffice: don't know how to handle video

Hello,

I have emerged libreoffice with the USE flags below and still the
Insert->Movie and Sounds does not import any movies I tried (formats):
avi, mpg, ogg.
Every movie I tried plays fine with vlc on my machine.

Has anyone been able to insert and play movies in libreoffice?

Thanks,

--
Valmor

-> equery uses libreoffice
[ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
[ : I - package is installed with flag ]
[ Colors : set, unset ]
* Found these USE flags for app-office/libreoffice-3.5.6.2:
U I
- - binfilter : Enable support for legacy StarOffice 5.x and earlier file
formats
- - binfilterdebug : Generate debug info for binfilter code (not recommended,
huge files result)
+ + branding : Enable Gentoo specific branding
+ + cups : Add support for CUPS (Common Unix Printing System)
- - dbus : Enable dbus support for anything that needs it (gpsd,
gnomemeeting, etc)
- - eds : Enables support for Evolution-Data-Server (EDS)
- - gnome : Adds GNOME support
+ + graphite : Enable support for non-Roman fonts via media-gfx/graphite2
+ + gstreamer : Adds support for media-libs/gstreamer (Streaming media)
+ + gtk : Adds support for x11-libs/gtk+ (The GIMP Toolkit)
+ + java : Adds support for Java
- - jemalloc : Use dev-libs/jemalloc for allocations
- - kde : Adds support for KDE (K Desktop Environment)
- - mysql : Adds mySQL Database support
- - nlpsolver : Build extension for non-linear solving in calc
+ + nsplugin : Build plugin for browsers supporting the Netscape plugin
architecture (that is almost any modern browser)
- - odk : Build the Office Development Kit
+ + opengl : Adds support for OpenGL (3D graphics)
- - pdfimport : Build pdf-import extension using app-text/poppler. Note
that you don't need this for pdf-export!
- - postgres : Adds support for the postgresql database
+ + svg : Adds support for SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- - test : Workaround to pull in packages needed to run with
FEATURES=test. Portage-2.1.2 handles this internally, so
don't set it in make.conf/package.use anymore
+ + vba : Enable support for VBA compatibility and ActiveX embedding
+ + webdav : Adds support for HTTP content adding via net-libs/neon
+ + xmlsec : Adds support for document signing using internal modified
dev-libs/xmlsec and system dev-libs/nss

Old 09-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Yohan Pereira

On 23/09/12 at 09:20pm, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
> Has anyone been able to insert and play movies in libreoffice?

Hi,

I have libreoffice-bin installed and I can insert video files into
presentations. I tried a few random files that were lying arround (mp4,
flv etc) and they all work.

Do you have the appropriate gstreamer plugins installed ?
have a look at the media-plugins/gst-plugins-meta package.

--

- Yohan Pereira

The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
between a mermaid and a seal.
-- Mark Twain

Old 09-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Valmor de Almeida

Has anyone been able to insert and play movies in libreoffice?

Hi,

I have libreoffice-bin installed and I can insert video files into
presentations. I tried a few random files that were lying arround (mp4,
flv etc) and they all work.

Do you have the appropriate gstreamer plugins installed ?
have a look at the media-plugins/gst-plugins-meta package.

No I don't have that installed. I thought that the gstreamer USE flag in
libreoffice would take care of all gstreamer dependencies. Also I don't
use libreoffice-bin. I have been emerging libreoffice. Will emerge the
plugins. Do you think I need to reemerge libreoffice after emerging
gst-plugins-meta?

Thanks,

--
Valmor

Old 09-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Yohan Pereira

On 24/09/12 at 11:24am, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
> Do you think I need to reemerge libreoffice after emerging
> gst-plugins-meta?

Nope. Gstreamer detects plug-ins on the fly. You can run revdep-rebuild
to make sure.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Valmor de Almeida

Do you think I need to reemerge libreoffice after emerging
gst-plugins-meta?

Nope. Gstreamer detects plug-ins on the fly. You can run revdep-rebuild
to make sure.

I emerged gst-plugins-meta with various USE flags and movie insertion in
libreoffice works now.

Thank you.

--
Valmor