Old 09-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Paul Hartman

Default x2go and KDE

Hi,

I am trying x2go for the first time. Everything worked easily so far
(except x2go client on MS windows does not support ecdsa keys and does
not tell you this in the error message...).

LXDE and XFCE work normally, but KDE has no taskbar panel! The desktop
shows up, the activities button on top-right corner of screen is
there, I can right-click on the desktop, Alt-F2 to launch programs,
etc. But for some reason my taskbar panel is not there. Of course I
prefer to use KDE and it is the one that does not work. I have
normally used nomachine nxserver and KDE works fine there.

Has anybody else here encountered this problem or have any ideas about
what to do?

Thanks

Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Paul Hartman

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying x2go for the first time. Everything worked easily so far
> (except x2go client on MS windows does not support ecdsa keys and does
> not tell you this in the error message...).
>
> LXDE and XFCE work normally, but KDE has no taskbar panel! The desktop
> shows up, the activities button on top-right corner of screen is
> there, I can right-click on the desktop, Alt-F2 to launch programs,
> etc. But for some reason my taskbar panel is not there. Of course I
> prefer to use KDE and it is the one that does not work. I have
> normally used nomachine nxserver and KDE works fine there.
>
> Has anybody else here encountered this problem or have any ideas about
> what to do?
>
> Thanks

Replying to myself with a workaround... It seems to solve itself if I
resize the window once the session has started.