Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Michael Schmarck

Default Daft colours in knode

Peter Humphrey <peter@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:

> I've just installed knode to see how Usenet has changed since I first used
> it 15 years ago, and I'm astonished to find that the default colours
> include white text on a white background for read threads and articles.

That's not the default. The default is a bright grey (on a white
background or whatever you have - background isn't set in Knode).

> Who on Earth wants these things to disappear when read?

I'm fine with the default. I don't care that much about read
threads. I actually like, that the default for unread threads/articles
is black. This way, they stand out more, which I really like, as
it draws attention to unread threads/articles first.

Example: http://michael-schmarck.share.s3.amazonaws.com/glgu/KNode-Colours.png

> What goes on in
> the mind of a typical developer these days?

No clue, but here something good was going on in the mind of
the Knode guys.

Michael

Old 04-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Peter Humphrey

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 10:29:09 Michael Schmarck wrote:
> Peter Humphrey <peter@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> > I've just installed knode to see how Usenet has changed since I first
> > used it 15 years ago, and I'm astonished to find that the default
> > colours include white text on a white background for read threads and
> > articles.
>
> That's not the default. The default is a bright grey (on a white
> background or whatever you have - background isn't set in Knode).

Well I haven't changed it, and that's what shows up here.

> ... here something good was going on in the mind of the Knode guys.

It would be good if knode and kmail developers could get together and agree
an interface design, such as which keys do which kinds of navigation. The
two programs are after all strikingly similar in function.

Is there a simple way of copying the colours from kmail to knode, or do I
have to do it laboriously?

--
Rgds
Peter