-   -   Comparing kernel configurations... (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/705980-comparing-kernel-configurations.html)

09-21-2012 01:29 AM

Comparing kernel configurations...

Hi,

are there any tools beside diff, vimdiff, kdiff3 and such which
supports one in comparing two differen .config from the linux kernel?

Thank your very much for any help in advance!
Have a nice weekend!
Best regards,
mcc

wenpin cui 09-21-2012 02:06 AM

meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:

> Hi,
>
> are there any tools beside diff, vimdiff, kdiff3 and such which
> supports one in comparing two differen .config from the linux kernel?

Just copy your .config to new kernel directory and "make oldconfig".
The newly added and changed option will prompt, verify them carefully.

--

wenpin cui

Paul Hartman 09-21-2012 02:19 PM

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any tools beside diff, vimdiff, kdiff3 and such which
> supports one in comparing two differen .config from the linux kernel?

sys-kernel/kccmp is in portage.

* sys-kernel/kccmp
Latest version available: 0.3
Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
Size of files: 13 kB
Homepage: http://stoopidsimple.com/kccmp/
License: GPL-2

09-22-2012 07:41 AM

Comparing kernel configurations...

Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> [12-09-21 18:21]:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > are there any tools beside diff, vimdiff, kdiff3 and such which
> > supports one in comparing two differen .config from the linux kernel?
>
> sys-kernel/kccmp is in portage.
>
> * sys-kernel/kccmp
> Latest version available: 0.3
> Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
> Size of files: 13 kB
> Homepage: http://stoopidsimple.com/kccmp/
> License: GPL-2

Hi,

thanks for your email, Paul! :)

yes, I tried this applikation before...but it is too similiar to basic vimdiff
operations...

(only my two cents...)

Have a nice weekend!
Best regards,