Old 09-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Maxim Wexler

Default flashing netbook bios

Hi group,

I want to upgrade an old 900A netbook, but I have to flash the bios
first. This has proven difficult despite using all the tips I found on
the web. The recommendations call for a small partition on a usb key
formatted fat 16. You copy over the bios file, making sure its called
900A.ROM. You boot and hit <alt+f2> as soon as you see the boot
screen. Then, supposedly, the bios gets updated with little fuss, and
you're good to go.

But all that happens in my case is the constant reiteration of
"reading rom file...file not found", or words to that effect.

I would appreciate any insight. Even if you don't know the fix.

MW