Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default sshfs - cannot unmount as normal user

Hi,

Since a short time I have a critical problem with sshfs.
I cannot unmount it !

Doing, e.g.,

sshfs -o transform_symlinks -o Cipher="blowfish" numa-sv:/Save /numa-sv

works just fine.

df shows
numa-sv:/Save 148976776 102070872 40882408 72% /numa-sv

grep /numa-sv /etc/mtab shows

numa-sv:/Save /numa-sv fuse.sshfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0

BUT trying to do (which has been working for a long time)

fusermount -u /numa-sv

now gives

fusermount: entry for /numa-sv not found in /etc/mtab

sudo umount /numa-sv
and
sudo fusermount -u /numa-sv

do work, but then I'd have to generate a general rule in /etc/sudoers
and

add everybody to the group 'wheel' which I'd like to avoid.

I'm using

kernel 3.5.3

openssh 6.1_p1

sshfs-fuse (GIT version 2012/09/13)

fuse 2.9.1-r1

I can't use fuse from GIT since it breaks many packages on my machine.

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.