Old 09-10-2012, 04:36 PM

Default emergefied message bubble... ;)

Hi,

I dont understand this output of emerge:

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
dvdnav? ( dvd )

The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
bindist? ( !win32codecs ) cdio? ( !cdparanoia ) cddb? ( any-of ( cdio cdparanoia ) network ) dvdnav? ( dvd ) libass? ( truetype ) truetype? ( iconv ) radio? ( any-of ( dvb v4l ) ) dxr3? ( X ) ggi? ( X ) opengl? ( X ) vdpau? ( X ) xinerama? ( X ) xscreensaver? ( X ) xv? ( X )

I would be very happy if someone of the inner circle of the brethren
of the Gentoo could translate this for me...

Best regards,
mcc

Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Andrey Moshbear

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:

> The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
> dvdnav? ( dvd )

It means the following: If USE flag "dvdnav" is enabled, then "dvd"
must be, too.

Essentially, it enforces a dependency of certain USE flags for sanity reasons.