Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Chris Stankevitz

Default Having the possibility to set the system-wide locale settings

Hello,

Section 8c of the handbook tells me:

===

You now have the possibility to set the system-wide locale settings in
the /etc/env.d/02locale file:

===

Code Listing 3.8: Setting the default system locale in /etc/env.d/02locale
LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="C"

===

Q1: Do I have the possibility to set the system-wide locale settings?
A1: YES [I knew the answer to this one!]

Q2: Should I?
A2: ?

Q3: If yes, what should I set them to? [The example sets them to a
magical value that seems to be related to code listing 3.6, but it is
not exactly the same. I am in the united states and I speak english
if that helps answer this one.]
A3: ?

Thank you!

Chris

PS: In case it is not clear already I have no idea what a locale is
and have no preference or what it is so long as gentoo and all my apps
are happy.