Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Tanstaafl

Default GCC upgrade from 4.5.3 to 4.5.4 automatically removes 4.5.3???? Wtf???

This has never happened to me before...

Since when did a simple GCC upgrade *automatically* REMOVE my prior GCC
install???

I have *always* kept my prior GCC around for a while, if not until the
next upgrade, just as something to fall back on if the current one breaks.

I am NOT a happy camper.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 07:24:44 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:

> Since when did a simple GCC upgrade *automatically* REMOVE my prior GCC
> install???

Since always if both versions are in the same slot, which is what I would
expect for a "simple upgrade". A major version step would be in a
different slot (4.5, 4.6 etc) and would be installed alongside your old
version (until you depclean).

--
Neil Bothwick

One difference between a man and a machine is that a machine is quiet
when well oiled.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Nikos Chantziaras