Old 09-03-2012, 08:20 PM
"Roland Häder"

Default dm-crypt + ext4 = where will the journal go?

Hi all,

I'm currently testing dm-crypt to encrypt my whole hard drive. So far I followed this [1] guide and have to wait for the randomization part of the hard drive.

In the wiki, ext4 is being used. Since ext3 a journal has been added. From my times with loop-aes I know that I have to store the journal through an encrypted loop device else it might be written on the hard drive.

As of I'm new to dm-crypt and Gentoo, where will that journal now go?

Any help is welcomed.

Regards,
Roland