-   -   qemu-kvm and xscreensaver (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/698808-qemu-kvm-xscreensaver.html)

08-29-2012 11:29 AM

qemu-kvm and xscreensaver

Whenever I run a qemu-kvm when xscreensaver starts it stops guest os from working. Eg if I am emerging on guest or downloading a file when xscreensaver starts on the host the guest freezes. Stopping xscreensaver and guest continues where left off.

I can cure this by disabling xscreensaver but should this happening and is there a way round this other than to turn off xscreensaver on host.

I have disabled hibernate or sleep but this makes no difference. It seems to happen when the screen goes in pretty picture mode.

I am running gentoo host with gentoo guest and desktop is xfce on host.

John

08-30-2012 05:23 PM