-   -   SurroundSound, Pulseaudio & CPU Usage (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/69818-surroundsound-pulseaudio-cpu-usage.html)

Ophidian 04-14-2008 11:29 PM

SurroundSound, Pulseaudio & CPU Usage

Gustavo Campos wrote:

My point is:

Is there any way to tell pulseaudio not to eat my cpu that much?
Or better: Is there a solution that would allow me to be a happy child
without having to use pulseaudio and it's extra layer between me and
my beloved hardware?

You guys can't imagine how much I played with google and alsa without
solution before I surrended to pulseaudio. If you show me a better
solution I'll feel myself stupid, but happy.

You might get your best results if you email Lennart and/or open a
ticket at http://pulseaudio.org/

Aaron
--
"The goblins are in charge of maintenance? Why not just set it on fire
now and call it a day?"

--Whip Tongue, Viashino Technician

"Gustavo Campos" 04-15-2008 01:13 AM

SurroundSound, Pulseaudio & CPU Usage

Well, that would certainly help to trace the problem with pulseaudio, yes.

But I must admit that I'm hoping someone here has a more pleasant
suggestion. Something like a magical solution or that obvious shot I'd
never think about =)

Anyway, I don't believe that it's really a pulseaudio bug, so I'm
afraid to file a bug for it, but I'm beggining to change my mind =(

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Ophidian <ophidian@ophidian.homeip.net> wrote:
> Gustavo Campos wrote:
>
> > My point is:
> >
> > Is there any way to tell pulseaudio not to eat my cpu that much?
> > Or better: Is there a solution that would allow me to be a happy child
> > without having to use pulseaudio and it's extra layer between me and
> > my beloved hardware?
> >
> > You guys can't imagine how much I played with google and alsa without
> > solution before I surrended to pulseaudio. If you show me a better
> > solution I'll feel myself stupid, but happy.
> >

> You might get your best results if you email Lennart and/or open a ticket
> at http://pulseaudio.org/
>
> Aaron
> --
> "The goblins are in charge of maintenance? Why not just set it on fire now
> and call it a day?"
> --Whip Tongue, Viashino Technician

Gustavo Campos

Ciência da Computação / Computer Science - UFMG