-   -   Shutdown options not available xfce4 (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/697704-shutdown-options-not-available-xfce4.html)

Sebastian Be▀ler 08-25-2012 08:17 PM

On 25.08.2012 20:54, john wrote:

> For the last few days whenever I start my PC the options to shutdown,
> restart, hibernate are greyed out in xfce. After restarting consolekit
> (which is already running) the options are available. I have rebuilt
> consolekit, xfce but unsure why this should start happening.

Do you have the systemd useflag enabled?

I had this effect after I enabled the useflag even if I had booted using
openrc.

Greetings

Sebastian Be▀ler

john 08-26-2012 07:59 AM

Shutdown options not available xfce4

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 22:17:58 +0200
Sebastian Be▀ler <sebastian@darkmetatron.de> wrote:

> On 25.08.2012 20:54, john wrote:
> >
> > For the last few days whenever I start my PC the options to
> > shutdown, restart, hibernate are greyed out in xfce. After
> > restarting consolekit (which is already running) the options are
> > available. I have rebuilt consolekit, xfce but unsure why this
> > should start happening.
>
> Do you have the systemd useflag enabled?
>
> I had this effect after I enabled the useflag even if I had booted
> using openrc.
>
> Greetings
>
> Sebastian Be▀ler

Perhaps should have checked this out earlier but found that slim is the
problem. When I disable xdm and start xfce4 using startx I don't get
the problem. Sorry I didn't check this earlier as been working for
a long time.

systemd use flag is not enabled.

--
John D Maunder