Old 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM
john

Default lxc query

I would like to have a play with lxc (containers ) but the package is
currently masked. I have unmasked lxc but it also requires me to unmask
=sys-apps/openrc-0.10.5.

I am a little unsure if I do this if this will foobar my system or am i
safe to unmask?

--
John D Maunder

Old 08-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Bryan Gardiner

On August 25, 2012 12:10:12 john wrote:
> I would like to have a play with lxc (containers ) but the package is
> currently masked. I have unmasked lxc but it also requires me to unmask
> =sys-apps/openrc-0.10.5.
>
> I am a little unsure if I do this if this will foobar my system or am i
> safe to unmask?
>

> --
> John D Maunder

I installed it a couple of weeks ago (was testing out SystemD), and
successfully upgraded to it and downgraded back to stable (0.9.8.4) with no
problems.

As always, check Bugzilla, YMMV.

Cheers,
Bryan

Old 08-26-2012, 08:02 AM
john

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:32:41 -0700
Bryan Gardiner <bog@khumba.net> wrote:

> On August 25, 2012 12:10:12 john wrote:
> > I would like to have a play with lxc (containers ) but the package
> > is currently masked. I have unmasked lxc but it also requires me to
> > unmask =sys-apps/openrc-0.10.5.
> >
> > I am a little unsure if I do this if this will foobar my system or
> > am i safe to unmask?
> >

> > --
> > John D Maunder
>
> I installed it a couple of weeks ago (was testing out SystemD), and
> successfully upgraded to it and downgraded back to stable (0.9.8.4)
> with no problems.
>
> As always, check Bugzilla, YMMV.
>
> Cheers,
> Bryan

Hmmm, tried this but then none of my kernel modules would load. Perhaps
I missed a trick and will give it another go. I did rebuild modules.

--
John D Maunder