Old 04-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Roger Cahn

Default wifi

Hi,

I can't have a connexion with wifi at boot.
To connect I have to do:
-iwconfig wlan0 essid "xxxxxxxxxx"
-/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 start

But when I reboot I must do it again.
I tried to make rc-update add net.wlan0 default (even boot),
but it doesn't work.

I have a motherboard Asus P5K-E WIFI-AP Edition
My /etc/conf.d/net :

config_wlan0=( "dhcp" )
essid_wlan0="xxxxxxxxxx"
mode_wlan0="managed"
channel_wlan0="10"
key_xxxxxxxxxx="32.................78 enc open"

How can I do to have wifi at boot?
(I hope I gave you enough information!).
Thank you
Roger

Old 04-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Davi Vidal

Em Monday 14 April 2008, Roger Cahn escreveu:
[...]
> I can't have a connexion with wifi at boot.
[...]
> My /etc/conf.d/net :
>
> config_wlan0=( "dhcp" )
> essid_wlan0="xxxxxxxxxx"
> mode_wlan0="managed"
> channel_wlan0="10"
> key_xxxxxxxxxx="32.................78 enc open"
>
> How can I do to have wifi at boot?

Hi. My wifi is up and running fine.

My /etc/conf.d/net:

modules=( "iwconfig" )

key_MY_NET="s:my_secret_pass"

At boot, /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 searches for APs and connect to anyone. :-)

HTH and sorry my poor English,
--
Davi Vidal

Old 07-14-2008, 07:15 PM
"Master M.A.G.E"

would anyone know how to get WIFI working on a laptop running Fedora 9

Old 07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Master M.A.G.E wrote:

would anyone know how to get WIFI working on a laptop running Fedora 9

You haven't given enough information. What's your wifi card?

Rahul

Old 07-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Brian Morrison

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:15:24 -0400
"Master M.A.G.E" <ddarylperry@gmail.com> wrote:

> would anyone know how to get WIFI working on a laptop running Fedora 9

Probably, but you need to give us a little more than this.

Laptop manufacturer, wireless card manufacturer for a start.

That should be enough to get the correct packages selected and
installed, then we can help with the config.

--

Brian Morrison

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."

Old 07-14-2008, 07:24 PM
"Ahmed Kamal"

Use the command "lspci" to identify your wifi card