Old 08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Jorge Almeida

Default PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND

Anyone knows how PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND is really supposed to work? I did read
the documentation in /etc/make.conf and
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=1
The API is not documented. I _assumed_ that the program /path/to/logprocessor
reads logs from STDIN and does whatever it wants with them. I tried a program
that appends what it receives from STDIN to a hard-coded file. I end up with
an empty file, and emerge warns about a timeout that is not mentioned in the
documentation. The timeout is in the source, but I don't know python...

Can someone clarify this?

TIA

Jorge Almeida