Old 04-14-2008, 04:26 AM
Grant

Default postup() syntax help

I'm having trouble getting an iwconfig command to execute after the
wlan0 interface has started. The following executes after net.lo
starts but there is no message about it executing after net.wlan0
starts and the rate is not limited like it is when I execute the
command manually:

postup() {
if [[ ${IFACE} = "wlan0" ]]; then
iwconfig wlan0 rate 1M
fi
return 0
}

Does anyone see where I'm going wrong here?

- Grant

Old 04-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Remy Blank

Grant wrote:

postup() {
if [[ ${IFACE} = "wlan0" ]]; then

IIRC, the equality operator is "==", not "=".

HTH.
-- Remy

Old 04-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Alex Schuster

Remy Blank writes:

> Grant wrote:
> > postup() {
> > if [[ ${IFACE} = "wlan0" ]]; then
>
> IIRC, the equality operator is "==", not "=".

Both is valid in bash.

I'd put a "set -xv" before the if statement, this way you see which
statements, if any, get executed.

Wonko

Old 04-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Iain Buchanan

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 12:36 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:

> I'd put a "set -xv" before the if statement, this way you see which
> statements, if any, get executed.

fantastic! I never knew about that... All the debugging it could have
saved me!

thanks,

Given that sooner or later we're all just going to die, what's the point of
learning about integers? -- Calvin