FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Alex Schuster
 
Default Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet?

walt writes:

> This has been slow and painful so far.
>
> First, the build stops repeatedly because of zero-length library files.
> I can restart the ebuild manually and each iteration builds one more
> (real) library. I've been doing this iterating for hours and I think
> I may have gotten past that part, but the build is far from done...
>
> Second, the ebuild is using only one CPU out of four, so this is taking
> much longer than before. Ugh.
>
> Anyone else seeing these problems?

No, I just built it today, in the usual time of about 2.5 hours.

Wonko
 
Old 08-09-2012, 08:58 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"
 
Default Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet?

Am 09.08.2012 22:36, schrieb Alex Schuster:

> No, I just built it today, in the usual time of about 2.5 hours.

~1 hr here :-P

(I *had* to say that ;-) )
 
Old 08-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Jacques Montier
 
Default Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet?

2012/8/9 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@xunil.at>


Am 09.08.2012 22:36, schrieb Alex Schuster:



> No, I just built it today, in the usual time of about 2.5 hours.



~1 hr here :-P



(I *had* to say that ;-) )







Hello,
No problem building libreoffice-3.6.0.4.About 1h 38 min.
Best regards
--Jacques
 
Old 08-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Paul Hartman
 
Default Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet?

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM, walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:
> This has been slow and painful so far.
>
> First, the build stops repeatedly because of zero-length library files.
> I can restart the ebuild manually and each iteration builds one more
> (real) library. I've been doing this iterating for hours and I think
> I may have gotten past that part, but the build is far from done...
>
> Second, the ebuild is using only one CPU out of four, so this is taking
> much longer than before. Ugh.
>
> Anyone else seeing these problems?

No problem here, either. It needs a huge amount of temp disk space, be
sure you're not running out (especially if it is on /dev/shm for
example).
 
Old 08-12-2012, 08:50 AM
 
Default Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet?

Hello!
In contrast to previous speakers with more or less successful
LibreOffice 3.6.0.4 build, on my machine it does not build at all.
After >10 hours of compiling (which is a bit longer than a usual time
for 3.5) it said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section in:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development


And the build log says:
########## Quote start ##########
...
subsequent_filters-test.cxx:740:Assertion
Test name: ScFiltersTest::testPasswordOld
assertion failed
- Expression: xDocSh.Is()
- Failed to load password.ods

subsequent_filters-test.cxx:740:Assertion
Test name: ScFiltersTest::testPasswordNew
assertion failed
- Expression: xDocSh.Is()
- Failed to load password.ods

Failures !!!
Run: 18 Failure total: 2 Failures: 2 Errors: 0

Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:

export DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE # for exception catching
export GDBCPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args" # for interactive debugging
export VALGRIND=memcheck # for memory checking
and retry.
########### Quote end ###########

So, can anyone suggest a way to fix it?

Thanks!
Vladimir

-----
<v_2e@ukr.net>
 
Old 08-12-2012, 10:53 AM
 
Default Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet?

Looks like developers have already caught this issue.
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=428328#c8

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 11:50:31 +0300
v_2e@ukr.net wrote:

> Hello!
> In contrast to previous speakers with more or less successful
> LibreOffice 3.6.0.4 build, on my machine it does not build at all.
> After >10 hours of compiling (which is a bit longer than a usual
> time for 3.5) it said:
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
> For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section
> in: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development
>
>
> And the build log says:
> ########## Quote start ##########
> ...
> subsequent_filters-test.cxx:740:Assertion
> Test name: ScFiltersTest::testPasswordOld
> assertion failed
> - Expression: xDocSh.Is()
> - Failed to load password.ods
>
> subsequent_filters-test.cxx:740:Assertion
> Test name: ScFiltersTest::testPasswordNew
> assertion failed
> - Expression: xDocSh.Is()
> - Failed to load password.ods
>
> Failures !!!
> Run: 18 Failure total: 2 Failures: 2 Errors: 0
>
> Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:
>
> export DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE # for exception catching
> export GDBCPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args" # for interactive debugging
> export VALGRIND=memcheck # for memory checking
> and retry.
> ########### Quote end ###########
>
> So, can anyone suggest a way to fix it?
>
> Thanks!
> Vladimir
>
> -----
> <v_2e@ukr.net>


-----
<v_2e@ukr.net>
 
Old 08-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Philip Webb
 
Default Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet?

120812 v_2e@ukr.net wrote:
> Looks like developers have already caught this issue.
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=428328#c8

After nearly 3 hr compiling (previously 2 h 32 m ), it failed with :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section in:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development

internal build errors:

ERROR: error 512 occurred while making /z/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4/work/libreoffice-core-3.6.0.4/tail_build/prj

it seems that the error is inside 'tail_build', please re-run build
inside this module to isolate the error and/or test your fix:

build_error.log should contain the captured output of the failed module(s)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To rebuild a specific module:

make tail_build.clean # not recommended, this will re-build almost everything
make tail_build

when the problem is isolated and fixed, re-run 'make'
make[1]: *** [build-packimages] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/z/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4/work/libreoffice-core-3.6.0.4'
make: *** [build] Error 2
* ERROR: app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4 failed (compile phase):
* (no error message)
*
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 85: Called src_compile
* environment, line 8980: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* make build || die
*
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4'`.
!!! When you file a bug report, please include the following information:
GENTOO_VM= CLASSPATH="" JAVA_HOME=""
JAVACFLAGS="" COMPILER=""
and of course, the output of emerge --info
* The complete build log is located at '/var/log/emerge-logs/app-office:libreoffice-3.6.0.4:20120812-112934.log'.
* For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/z/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/z/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4/temp/environment'.
* Working directory: '/z/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4/work/libreoffice-core-3.6.0.4'
* S: '/z/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4/work/libreoffice-core-3.6.0.4'

I'll try merging again with USE="xmlsec", as the bug fix recommends.

--
========================,,======================== ====================
SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
 
Old 08-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Philip Webb
 
Default Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet?

120812 Philip Webb wrote:
> 120812 v_2e@ukr.net wrote:
>> Looks like developers have already caught this issue.
>> https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=428328#c8
> I'll try merging again with USE="xmlsec" , as the bug fix recommends.

Yes, it compiled with that flag.
While it used less memory than 2 emerges ago,
it used more disk space ( 4 GB ) & took much longer ( 3 h 2 m ).
OTOH it also opens almost at once, so I'll take the trade-offs.

--
========================,,======================== ====================
SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
 
Old 08-12-2012, 06:01 PM
walt
 
Default Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet?

On 08/12/2012 10:44 AM, Philip Webb wrote:
> 120812 Philip Webb wrote:
>> 120812 v_2e@ukr.net wrote:
>>> Looks like developers have already caught this issue.
>>> https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=428328#c8
>> I'll try merging again with USE="xmlsec" , as the bug fix recommends.
>
> Yes, it compiled with that flag.
> While it used less memory than 2 emerges ago,
> it used more disk space ( 4 GB ) & took much longer ( 3 h 2 m ).
> OTOH it also opens almost at once, so I'll take the trade-offs.

I'm glad to hear that because I'm still failing to build it on three
machines

Did you add xmlsec to your make.conf, or use it in the command line when
emerging libreoffice?
 
Old 08-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Philip Webb
 
Default Anyone compiled libreoffice-3.6.0.4 yet?

120812 walt wrote:
> On 08/12/2012 10:44 AM, Philip Webb wrote:
>> Yes, it compiled with USE="xmlsec" .
>> While it used less memory than 2 emerges ago,
>> it used more disk space ( 4 GB ) & took much longer ( 3 h 2 m ).
>> OTOH it also opens almost at once, so I'll take the trade-offs.
> I'm glad to hear that
> because I'm still failing to build it on 3 machines.
> Did you add xmlsec to your make.conf
> or use it in the command line when emerging libreoffice?

No, I would never add a temporary fix to make.conf !
I entered 'USE="xmlsec" emergeu libreoffice',
where 'emergeu' is an alias for 'ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" emerge'
(yes, I know, howls of horror from the bystanders,
but I've been doing it that way for years without problems).
I was surprised, as the error msg I got was different
from the one quoted earlier in the thread & in the bug.

--
========================,,======================== ====================
SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:06 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org