Old 08-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Kraus Philipp

Default mdadm device removed

Hello,

I'm using a software raid with mdadm (mirror). A few days ago the mdadm removes during the boot process one disk and sets the raid inactive.
The disk contains no errors (smartctl) and nothing is reported in the logs. I reassemble the disk and activate the raid again. Reboot
the system and my disk are in sync and everything works fine.

I'm a little bit confused about it. Does anybody has got an idea, why the array lost a disk?

Thanks

Old 08-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Jarry