Old 04-13-2008, 02:09 PM
"b.n."

Default dvd playback decryption trouble

Hi,

I have a problem with dvd playback/decryption. I'm trying to see a
(Monty Python) dvd on my Macbook Pro laptop with Gentoo. What happens is:

-mplayer segfaults

-xine starts, and libdvdcss seems to find the keys. however it stops
before reaching the menus, saying that the DVD is encrypted.

-ogle and vlc start, reach the menu, try to start the playback, but the
video either does not appear or it is badly scrambled. ogle reports a
LOT of "WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: Found a scrambled PES packet!" in the output.

Most funny is that:
-the same dvd on my Gentoo desktop plays fine with xine. I checked use
flags for xine, libdvdcss, etc. but I can't find anything different
between the two xine installs.

- other dvds play fine on the laptop

where could I look to understand what's different between the two systems?

m.