Old 04-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Grant

Default Hard crash starting wifi in master mode (am desperate)

I'm trying to move my network's router/AP functions to a different
system. Whenever I start the madwifi card in master mode in the new
system the whole system locks up hard, although the CD tray still
opens. There is nothing in /var/log/*, the keyboard LEDs do not
flash, and I've tried 2.6.23-hardened-r7 and 2.6.23-hardened-r9. The
old system works just fine with the card in master mode. The old
system is x86 and the new one is amd64.

I've been working on this router move for about 8 hours straight.
Does anyone have any ideas?

- Grant

Old 04-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Grant

> I'm trying to move my network's router/AP functions to a different
> system. Whenever I start the madwifi card in master mode in the new
> system the whole system locks up hard, although the CD tray still
> opens. There is nothing in /var/log/*, the keyboard LEDs do not
> flash, and I've tried 2.6.23-hardened-r7 and 2.6.23-hardened-r9. The
> old system works just fine with the card in master mode. The old
> system is x86 and the new one is amd64.
>
> I've been working on this router move for about 8 hours straight.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> - Grant

I also should have said that I've tried every version of madwifi-ng in
portage and a 'make mrproper' of my kernel to ensure a clean build.

- Grant