Old 11-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Nick

Default Removing a nuissance message regarding FreeFontPath on exitting X

Hi there,

My gentoo system is now in the lovely state that I can start asking
more asthetic, perfectionist questions.

Every time I quit X (after starting with startx, regardless of
window manager) I get the message:

FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is
2, should be 1; fixing.

Evidently it doesn't do a very good job of fixing, as the message
appears every time. I tried mkfontcache etc to no avail, and was
wondering if anyone else experiences this, what it means, and how to
stop it complaining?

Thanks for any advice / clues.

Nick

--
GPG Key : www.njw.me.uk/nick.gpg.asc GPG Key ID: 04E4653F
GPG Fingerprint: 9732 D7C7 A441 D79E FDF0 94F6 1F48 5674 04E4 653F

Old 11-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Dan Farrell

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:40:52 +0000
Nick <gentoo-user@njw.me.uk> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> My gentoo system is now in the lovely state that I can start asking
> more asthetic, perfectionist questions.
>
> Every time I quit X (after starting with startx, regardless of
> window manager) I get the message:
>
> FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is
> 2, should be 1; fixing.
>
> Evidently it doesn't do a very good job of fixing, as the message
> appears every time. I tried mkfontcache etc to no avail, and was
> wondering if anyone else experiences this, what it means, and how to
> stop it complaining?
>
> Thanks for any advice / clues.
>

> Nick

heh, i've been getting that message for years now. never really
thought too much about fixing it, but it'd be nice to get rid of it...