Old 07-21-2012, 12:59 PM
ivan ivanov

Default cannot set an icon theme for the kde apps

Hello, list. I just installed gentoo for the first time. I am using
openbox wm and some kde apps within it (krusader, for example). I
installed the systemsettings package(4.8.3) to configure the kde apps.
The problem is that i cannot set an icon theme for the kde apps. There
is no entry for the icon theme configuration in the systemsettings
(please see http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1633-222.html as an
example). Changing the name of icon theme in the config file
(~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals) gives nothing. So, the question is:
how to change icon theme in the kde apps?

Old 07-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Samstag, 21. Juli 2012, 16:59:11 schrieb ivan ivanov:
> Hello, list. I just installed gentoo for the first time. I am using
> openbox wm and some kde apps within it (krusader, for example). I
> installed the systemsettings package(4.8.3) to configure the kde apps.
> The problem is that i cannot set an icon theme for the kde apps. There
> is no entry for the icon theme configuration in the systemsettings
> (please see http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1633-222.html as an
> example). Changing the name of icon theme in the config file
> (~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals) gives nothing. So, the question is:
> how to change icon theme in the kde apps?

usr/share/kde4/services/settings-icon-view.desktop

exists?
dbus is running?

--
#163933

Old 07-21-2012, 03:35 PM
ivan ivanov

usr/share/kde4/services/settings-icon-view.desktop

exists?
dbus is running?

ya@shvabra ~ $ ls -l /usr/share/kde4/services/settings-icon-view.desktop

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7836 Apr 30 01:05 /usr/share/kde4/services/settings-icon-view.desktop

ya@shvabra ~ $ /etc/init.d/dbus status

* status: started

Old 07-28-2012, 04:14 AM
Bryan Gardiner

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 19:35:22 +0400
ivan ivanov <grobokopatel@list.ru> wrote:

> > usr/share/kde4/services/settings-icon-view.desktop
> >
> > exists?
> > dbus is running?
> ya@shvabra ~ $ ls
> -l /usr/share/kde4/services/settings-icon-view.desktop
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7836 Apr 30
> 01:05 /usr/share/kde4/services/settings-icon-view.desktop
>

> ya@shvabra ~ $ /etc/init.d/dbus status
>
> * status: started

Hey,

There is also /usr/share/kde4/services/icons.desktop, which is the
icons KCM (KDE control module) that you want. You can start it with:

$ kcmshell4 icons

This module is provided by kde-base/kcontrol, which is pulled in by
kde-base/kdebase-runtime-meta. Do you have both of those installed?
You need the second one for KDE apps to function properly.

Cheers,
Bryan